I tried for approximately 15 minutes to be cool and write a blog using my android phone…but it’s an utter fail!!So…here i am back to my pink notebook..:D…
I have been in the quest of party food since the time I had my own kitchen which is about two years…not like i haven’t had parties at home…but i have given my poor guests things like peanuts..Popcorn…bread rolls…once on an extra healthy wagon i even gave them egg salad…they didnt complain but they didnt exactly devour it! I still had some left for myself for the next day…but this isn’t enough…i needed a finger food that nobody can resist…that a vegan to a hard core beef eater will enjoy..also it should be easy to make so I can concentrate on main course and dessert…and then a bulb suddenly lit in my brain..What is that vegetable that we all love! What is that thing that we grew up asking our mothers to make…something so full of starch and carbs that it cannot help but be awesome in any form you make it!!And that our darling potato!!!
Baby potatoes are easy to cook…easy to eat…and the best thing that i have stumbled upon!!Just boil them lightly and toss them in olive oil and whichever kind of herbs or Indian masalas and voila.. Here I will be explaining how to make herb potatoes…but you can also make it with some tomato puree, garlic, salt and lots of chilli…that also comes out amazing!!
So here it goes
1. Baby potatoes-1/2 kg
2. Herbs-either dried or fresh (basil, rosemary or whatever you fancy)
3. olive oil-2 to 3 table spoons
4. garlic-few cloves
1. Boil the potatoes till they are soft but till the peel is intact. (But it’s ok if some of them burst open)
2. Cut the potatoes in half with the skin and put them in an oven proof dish
3. Add the seasoning, garlic, herbs and olive oil.mix well
4. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or till you get the desired golden brown hue on them
Serve hot with toothpicks…