So it’s a Sunday..and we are home…almost broke after our srilanka trip…and in between two family trips..it supposed to be a chill weekend..a warm and fuzzy weekend..plan was to curl up and read my book..which sadly got over tooo soon!!
Half the Sunday is gone so it doesn make sense for me to start another book cause I wont be able to finish it and tomorrow is a Monday..yes…after Sunday there comes a Monday..:(..
I decide to read through the concise Larousse gastronomique—just for inspiration…and I come to page 219..caramel…I wonder if I can make something warm and fuzzy with caramel..
I had apples and cinnamon…so what do I make???i think and think and think…..and surf..and come across apple and caramel cake..:D..
Apple cinnamon Cake
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 finely chopped apple
- 1/2 cup walnuts(chopped)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- ½ table spoon dark industrial caramel(made from cane sugar.
TO DO-apple cake
- Combine the dry ingredients-flour,salt,soda,salt,cinnamon in a large bowl and combine well.
- Scrape the vanilla pod and add in the mixture.
- Combine the wet ingredients-eggs and oil.combine well till light and frothy.
- Add the liquid mix into wet mix and combine well till all the flour is incorporated.
- Add the chopped apple and walnuts and pour into a prepared 9 inch circular pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in a preheated oven at 150 degrees.
TO DO-caramel glaze
- Combine all the ingredients in a pan and heat over medium flame for 3-5 minutes.
- Keep stirring till it boils.
Pour 2 table spoons of the caramel topping over the cake right after taking out of the oven.the cake will absorb the caramel.
Let it both the cake and caramel cool a bit.
Add the remaining thick glaze on top of the cake and serve warm and fuzzy…:D