After a whirlwind of activity in the past month this weekend was what I needed to relax and pamper myself..One of the things that I do when I want to relax is cook..First I made a traditional north Indian lunch which felt oh so good..i felt full after a long long time!!Next I thought I should bake something..As I was twirling though the pages of Big Book of Sweet Treats I came across a recipe for biscotti..The main ingredients were just three..Flour..Baking powder and eggs..and I had all three of them!!
Biscotti is a type of twice baked cookie which Italians dunk in their coffee and have..In India we have our own version of biscotti..The Wheat version with Fennel and cardamom which my mother has everyday with her morning tea..I decided to make cranberry biscotti as I had a new pack of cranberries I had bought while window shopping…(yeah..That’s right..i window shop in grocery shops..)
So once I started mixing the flour and eggs…i decided that I can make 2 types of biscotti chocolate chips and cranberry biscotti…I just divided the dough into two and mixed one half with dried cranberries and other with big chocolate chunks.
2 cups of Flour
3 large Eggs
½ tsp baking powder.
¾ cup castor sugar
Dried cranberries-1/2 cup
100 grams of chocolate chunks
- Mix the flour, castor sugar and baking powder so its evenly spread.
- Add the eggs one by one and make dough out of it. Add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Add the cranberries/chocolate. Combine well.
- Take ¼ the dough and make a cylinder out of it by rolling it between your palms to and fro.(You can take some dry flour in your hands before rolling the dough).
- Place it on the silicon cookie sheet, butter paper and flatten it a bit.
- Do the same with the rest of the dough too.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes. It should be very light golden.
- Take the cylinders out and cut in a diagonal manner.
- Place the separate biscotti flat on the baking sheet and bake for another 15 minutes or till golden brown. Turn the biscotti and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Store in a airtight container or a zip lock bag for about 8-10 days.
Dip it into your morning coffee and Njoy!!:D