“Best Best bestest cookies in the world!!!”When someone gives you this sort of a compliment you wonder if he/she is just bullshitting or really likes the cookies that much!!But when a kids says it…Combined with the fact that not a cookie crumb left inside the box…welll…the cookie has to be best best bestest..:D One such cookie was made one fateful day when I didn’t have enough chocolate chips. Chocolate or butterscotch chips!!So I decided that why not mix it all…It turned out to be one of the successful experiments of mine! Errr…forgot…i also decided to use demerara sugar…again…never shop in a hurry because you end up not reading the labels and buying wrong stuff!!But again…this was probably a lucky reciepe…The demerara sugar worked well in it! :D..(Ok…confession…my brown sugar box was empty…and I had no choice!!)..and the kids were waiting!!..you can know more about demerara sugar from http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-demerara-sugar.htm The recipe is inspired from joyofbaking.com…I love her! :D..The best part about it is that you dont need to refrigerate it for that sneaky gluten to become loose or tight or something!!!you make the dough..make a few balls..flatten a bit..bake and voila!!!the most easily made…best best bestest cookie in the world!!!! Ingredients 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar 3/4 cup (160 grams) firmly packed demerara sugar 2 large eggs 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract 2 1/4 cups (295 grams) all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 cups (270 grams) semisweet chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and chunks of chopped chocolate (in any proportion you like)
- Beat the butter until smooth and creamy
- Add white and brown sugar and beat again
- Add the eggs one by one and combine well using a spatula. Add vanilla essence and combine.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the liquid mixture slowly to the dry mixture. Add the semi sweet chocolate chips, butter scotch chips and chocolate chunks.
- Knead with hand.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper. Form small balls of the cookie dough and place on the tray. Flatten it a bit. It should be well spaced out as the cookies will expand while baking.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the tops are sufficiently brown. The cookies will feel soft still. Place them on the wire rack for cooling.
- Serve on cooling