I came upon this amazing blog by mistake and since then I have been dreaming about making a very interesting recipe from it. It’s a combination of layers of cookie and brownie interspersed with Oreo cookies. It looked so amazing and decadent in the photos that I couldn’t but wait to make it and eat it!!
Its chocolate heaven!!!The best of everything was in it!!Chocolate chips, chocolate brownie and Oreo cookies…I wonder why it isn’t more popular!!!or why people didn’t think of converting the cookie into a brownie!!All u have to do it reduce the flour and your cookie dough turns into a brownie!!I was half in mind to add peanut butter somewhere..Maybe a layer of peanut butter in the middle but that probably would mix up the taste buds..
I was fully prepared to make it today morning but when I opened the fridge someone had polished off my eggs and milk!!God knows where that stuff flies!!!
Anyways today I am going to have some friends over at home so I decided to make lots of this cookie Oreo brownie!!I found the fudge brownie recipe from www. joyofbaking.com.The problem with such experiments is the name!!what do i name it??Cookie cake oreo and chocolate fudge brownie deck up?But i cant call it cookie cake as it is not soft enough..The consistency is that of a brownie or a cheese cake base..Anyhow i just decided to call it cookie,oreo and chocolate brownie deck up..Whatever that means!!:D
For the cookie cake layer
2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of chocolate chips(sweet)
1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
2 eggs + 1 egg white
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
For the Fudge Brownie
150 grams dark chocolate
1/2 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
For the cookie cake layer
- In a food processor combine the eggs,vanilla essence and butter.
- Mix the dry ingredients and combine well with the wet mixture.
- Prepare a 10 inch round pan for the deck up.Spray it with cooking spray.
5. Line the cookie cake with oreo cookies.
For the Fudge Brownie Layer
1. Combine butter and eggs in a food processor
2. Mix the dry ingredients(except chocolate) and add in the wet mixture.
3. Add the chopped chocolate and chocolate chips.Combine well.
4. Pour over the oreo cookies.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.Take out and cover with an aluminum foil and bake again for 20 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool on a cooling rack.
Serve with ice cream or chocolate sauce.