This is my emergency recipe! I can serve it as an appetizer, main course and even as breakfast. It healthy and action packed!!This omelet can be simple, rustic, elaborate and sophisticated depending on how you serve it! It’s a perfect meal that has proteins from eggs and all the veggie goodness and its soo simple to make that even a certified kitchen disaster creators can excel in it!!!:D
The basic ingredients required are eggs and milk. There is immense scope for creativity; you can make it with Italian herbs, olives Indian masalas or cheese and any vegetables you have with you. What I have made is with zucchini, capsicum, onion and tomato. If you want it thicker then you can increase the number of eggs and other ingredients proportionately.
You require 2 cooking utensils for this. One should be a deep, small skillet with a flat bottom and one griddle.(frying pan and a tawa) .It would be better if the utensils are non-stick.
3 tablespoons of milk
Zucchini-8/9 round slices
Basil 4-5 leaves
¼ cup of cut Onion and tomato
2 tablespoon of butter or oil (cooking spray can also be used)
Salt according to taste
- Whisk the eggs and milk together with the salt.
- Add the onion and tomato
- Tear or chop the basil into small pieces and add to the mixture
- Heat the skillet and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Move it around so that it coats the pan surface totally
- Add the egg mixture to the skillet and carefully place the zucchini pieces on top
- Cover and let it cook at low to medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Heat the griddle and add rest of the oil to it .Run a knife or spoon along the edges of the prepared omelet.
- Carefully transfer the omelet upside down on the griddle so that the side with zucchini on it can cook for 5 minutes or till the layer browns.
- Garnish with a few basil leaves and serve hot.