This recipe gave me trouble from the start.First the dough became too dry so I had to add more butter in it which i think ultimately.Then in the morning when I took it out to cut it,it crumbled in my hands so I had to place it in a warm place for a while.After which when the cookie dough finally became malleable I decided to cut it into star shape which was obviously a mistake as the cookies didn’t hold shape while baking.
I was expecting thick star chocolate cookies but instead I got shapeless wafer thin cookies which to my amazement tasted superb in their own right!!!
1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
1/3 cup of cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
200 gms butter-melted
2/3 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup granulate sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
125 gms Dark Chocolate, chopped into small pieces
50 gms semi sweet chocolate chips
- Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking soda in a bowl
- Put the butter in the food processor with the paddle attachment and churn it with both the sugars and vanilla extract
- Add the dry ingredients and mix again at medium speed
- Once the dry ingredients take the mixture out and add the chocolate in it and knead by hand.
- divide the dough into two and refrigerate overnight
- Next morning let the dough come to normal temperature and roll it.
- Place small round flat pieces(1 cm height) of it on the cookie sheet and bake for 15 min
- Let them cool and serve fresh