I made this when we invited a few friends over for our first ever homemade brunch and it was certainly a hit. Certain very diet conscious friends of mine had to take a break from their spinach eating strenuous regime cause of this. I am not going to name her because I know she will kill me! D
It’s easy and the most simple! In-fact my hubby did most of the work making these! The deal breaker here is a sharp knife and if you have that then you can’t go wrong with this recipe
3 Large potatoes
Olive oil-2 tsp
Butter-Cut into thin strips
Cheese-cut into thin strips
Salt-according to taste
- Pierce the potatoes and microwave them for 5 min at 100% power.
- Take them out and let them cool a bit. Cut a small portion off the bottom so that the potatoes remain steady while baking.
- Cut across the potatoes at 3 mm interval.
- Stuff the butter and cheese alternatively between the slices making sure not to cut till the bottom.
- Place in aluminum foil and drizzle some salt on them
- Preheat the oven at 150 degrees for ten minutes and bake the potatoes in it for about 20 min.
- Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil after 20 min of baking and bake for another 20 min
- When the potato skin appears golden brown, sprinkle some grated cheese and bake for another 10 min
- Add chili powder and dry herbs and serve hot.
Note: To hold the potato together you can pierce toothpick inside.